Andrew practices in civil litigation, including commercial litigation, insurance defence, personal injury, product liability, and labour and employment. He appears regularly before the Supreme Court of British Columbia, and has appeared before administrative tribunals.
Before joining HTLN, Andrew summered and articled at a national law firm in Montreal, Quebec, and later practiced at a regional law firm in London, Ontario.
Andrew is a member of the Quebec Bar, the Law Society of Upper Canada, and the Law Society of British Columbia. He is trained under the civil-law and the common-law jurisdictions.
Andrew is fluently trilingual in English, French, and Spanish. He can provide legal services in these languages.
- “La méthode d’interrogatoire « Reid » et la méthode policière d’enquête « Mr. Big »: les erreurs judiciaires et l’écart entre la vérité et le mensonge” 2014 Publication in The Canadian Bar Review
- The Issue of False Confessions: Conference given in connection with Innocence Project Montréal during the summer of 2013. Concordia University (Department of Psychology), Montreal, Quebec.
- University of Montreal, Masters of Laws (LL.M, 2015) (Thesis titled “Cellphones and Product Defects: A Theoretical and Comparative Framework of Liability in Canada”, under the direction of Patrice Deslauriers)
- University of Montreal, Bachelor of Laws (Joint LL.B/JD; 2013)
- Concordia University, Bachelor of Arts (B.A. with distinction; 2010): French Language & Political Science
- Quebec Bar (2015)
- Law Society of Upper Canada (2015)
- Law Society of British Columbia (2017)
Interests and Activities
Andrew is a member of Toastmasters International, and regularly attends meetings to perfect his public speaking skills.
Andrew enjoys community involvement, and has been a part of the following associations/projects:
- Former Board Member of the Canadian Latin American Association (CALA) 2016-2017
- Former Board Member of the Brain Injury Association of Sarnia-Lambton (BIASL) 2017
- Former YMCA Welcome Member
- Spanish Interpreter: YMCA-meeting-with-ACJ-of-Guatemala event
- Volunteer “Auptimism Walkathon” event for Autism-Awareness Foundation
- Volunteer “Walk-in-the-park” event for Cabaret-for-the-Cure Foundation
A sport enthusiast, Andrew particularly enjoys playing soccer, doing rock-climbing, and cross training.
Awards & Recognitions
- Award of Excellence: Faculty of Law Admission Scholarship 2010 University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec.
- Faculty of Arts and Science Scholar Top 1% Award (2008-2010) Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec
- Dean’s List (2008-2010), Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec.
- Fluent in English, Spanish and French
- Beginner in German